Am at login for regclient how can i get password

help me with password

Hi @prince_Williams

For the reg-client may I know if your machine is registered with the MOSIP system and how have you got the username for the reg-client?

Let me know a bit more about the context of how you are setting up the reg-client.

Best Regards,
Team MOSIP

my machine is not registered on mossip
how do we i register on mossip

Hi @prince_Williams

I think you need to first login to admin portal to register your machine and create an user for yourself.

Please find the user guide for admin portal - https://docs.mosip.io/1.2.0/modules/administration/admin-portal-user-guide

To log into admin portal you can create a user using key cloak as mentioned in the document.

MOSIP team should be able to help you further.

Thanks,
Roady

Thanks @Roady for a quick response here to help out our community folks really appreciated.

Hi @prince_Williams

Once you have created the user using keycloak as per the documentation provided above then further I will explain how to get your machine registered and create a username and password for the registration client.Please keep me posted on this

Just a quick question are you setting up registration client locally in your system or using any environment

Best Regards,
Team MOSIP

thanks guidance let follow doc

Hello @sanchi-singh24,
In my case am having a sandbox and the user created in keycloak. When creating a machine in admin portal, am required to provide publickey and signpublickey. How do i access this from my regostration laptop running on windows 11?

Hi @mazboko

To get your machine details for Windows 11 few pre-requisites you need to follow:

• TPM Utility - This is used for registering the workstation on which the Registration Client would be executed. To access the utility, click here.

• JAVA - Ensure JAVA 11 is installed and JAVA_HOME is in the PATH.

• Download and extract the TPM utility

1. As explained in README.txt, download and extract the TPM utility (using the command prompt).
  2. Run the following command from the folder where the TPM jar is located.
  3. java -jar tpmutility-0.0.2.jar > tpmdetails.txt

Once the above steps are done you will be able to get your machine details and then you can use these details to register the machine on the admin portal.

Best Regards,
Team MOSIP

Awesome. Thanks for the guidance.

1 Like

Welcome!

Let me know if you face any issue in doing this.

@sanchi-singh24 i have been successful with machie registration however on running the regclient, the Machine is OFFLINE message is deplayed and login page presented. How can i go about that?

@mazboko you need to activate your machine from the admin portal.

To onboard the machine and the operator, the Admin needs to:

1. Create and activate the registration client machine using the Admin portal.

2. Create a user/operator account in Keycloak

3. Assign the operator the role of either the Supervisor or Officer using the Admin portal.

4.Finally, perform the User Zone mapping and User Center mapping in the Admin portal.

@sanchi-singh24 i was able to onboard the machine and the operator succesfully. My problem is the client shows offline

Hello @sanchi-singh24 any ideas on how to go past this?

Hey @mazboko

Sure can you provide the DB logs here so I can check why this issue is coming?

Best Regards,
Team MOSIP

@sanchi-singh24 do you mean the registration log in regclient?

Hi @mazboko,

Yes, please share “registration.log” file which is present in the logs folder in regclient folder location.

That helps us to understand the issue better.

Hello @HimajaDhanyamraju2 see below

2023-09-20 16:12:24,855 INFO [JavaFX-Launcher] i.m.r.c.DaoConfig : REGISTRATION - DAO Config - DB - REGISTRATION - REG - Started setting up DB user and access permits…
2023-09-20 16:12:24,987 INFO [JavaFX-Launcher] i.m.r.c.DaoConfig : REGISTRATION - DAO Config - DB - REGISTRATION - REG - Derby DB shutdown successful.
2023-09-20 16:12:24,987 INFO [JavaFX-Launcher] i.m.r.c.DaoConfig : REGISTRATION - DAO Config - DB - REGISTRATION - REG - Security setup check completed.
2023-09-20 16:12:24,987 INFO [JavaFX-Launcher] i.m.k.c.s.i.TPMClientCryptoServiceImpl : ccSessionID - TPM - - Getting Asymmetric Key Creation from tpm
2023-09-20 16:12:33,428 INFO [JavaFX-Launcher] i.m.k.k.h.i.KeyStoreImpl : ksSessionId - KeyStoreImpl-Main - KeyStoreImpl - Found Clazz to load for Keystore Impl: io.mosip.kernel.keymanager.hsm.impl.offline.OLKeyStoreImpl
2023-09-20 16:12:33,429 INFO [JavaFX-Launcher] i.m.k.k.h.i.KeyStoreImpl : ksSessionId - KeyStoreImpl-Main - KeyStoreImpl - Successfully loaded Clazz for Keystore Impl: io.mosip.kernel.keymanager.hsm.impl.offline.OLKeyStoreImpl
2023-09-20 16:12:46,167 INFO [JavaFX-Launcher] i.m.r.c.RestartController : REGISTRATION - RESTART - RESTART CONTROLLER - REGISTRATION - REG - Initiate Restart Timer started
2023-09-20 16:12:46,168 INFO [JavaFX-Launcher] i.m.r.c.RestartController : REGISTRATION - RESTART - RESTART CONTROLLER - REGISTRATION - REG - Creation of sync restart timer started
2023-09-20 16:12:46,168 INFO [JavaFX-Launcher] i.m.r.s.c.i.JobConfigurationServiceImpl : REGISTRATION - SYNC - Job_Configuration_Service - REGISTRATION - REG - Getting Re-start time started
2023-09-20 16:12:46,168 INFO [JavaFX-Launcher] i.m.r.s.c.i.JobConfigurationServiceImpl : REGISTRATION - SYNC - Job_Configuration_Service - REGISTRATION - REG - Getting Re-start time completed
2023-09-20 16:12:46,168 INFO [JavaFX-Launcher] i.m.r.c.RestartController : REGISTRATION - RESTART - RESTART CONTROLLER - REGISTRATION - REG - Creation of sync restart timer completed
2023-09-20 16:12:46,168 INFO [JavaFX-Launcher] i.m.r.c.RestartController : REGISTRATION - RESTART - RESTART CONTROLLER - REGISTRATION - REG - Initiate Restart Timer completed
2023-09-20 16:12:49,057 INFO [JavaFX-Launcher] i.m.r.u.SoftwareUpdateHandler : Checking for current version started…
2023-09-20 16:12:49,130 INFO [JavaFX-Launcher] i.m.r.u.SoftwareUpdateHandler : Checking for current version completed : 1.2.0.1-B1
2023-09-20 16:12:49,170 INFO [JavaFX-Launcher] i.m.r.u.SoftwareUpdateHandler : Inside updateDerbyDB currentVersion : {} and {} : {} - 1.2.0.1-B1 - mosip.reg.services.current.version - 0
2023-09-20 16:12:49,433 INFO [JavaFX-Launcher] i.m.r.s.c.i.GlobalParamServiceImpl : Fetching list of global params
2023-09-20 16:12:49,433 INFO [JavaFX-Launcher] i.m.r.d.i.GlobalParamDAOImpl : REGISTRATION - GLOBALPARAMS - GLOBAL_PARAM_DAO_IMPL - REGISTRATION - REG - Fetching list of global params
2023-09-20 16:12:49,480 INFO [JavaFX-Launcher] i.m.r.d.i.GlobalParamDAOImpl : REGISTRATION - GLOBALPARAMS - GLOBAL_PARAM_DAO_IMPL - REGISTRATION - REG - List of global params fetched successfully
2023-09-20 16:12:49,504 INFO [JavaFX-Launcher] i.m.r.u.r.ServiceDelegateUtil : Registration Network Checker had been called → https://api-internal.mosip.maz.net/v1/syncdata/actuator/health
2023-09-20 16:12:49,624 ERROR [JavaFX-Launcher] i.m.r.u.r.ServiceDelegateUtil : No Internet Access
org.springframework.web.client.ResourceAccessException: I/O error on GET request for “https://api-internal.mosip.maz.net/v1/syncdata/actuator/health”: Failed to parse server certificates; nested exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Failed to parse server certificates
at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.doExecute(RestTemplate.java:732)
at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.execute(RestTemplate.java:698)
at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.getForEntity(RestTemplate.java:375)
at io.mosip.registration.util.restclient.RestClientUtil.isConnectedToSyncServer(RestClientUtil.java:104)
at io.mosip.registration.util.restclient.RestClientUtil$$FastClassBySpringCGLIB$$6aaee7db.invoke()
at org.springframework.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:204)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.CglibAopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(CglibAopProxy.java:746)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:163)
at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:92)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:185)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.CglibAopProxy$DynamicAdvisedInterceptor.intercept(CglibAopProxy.java:688)
at io.mosip.registration.util.restclient.RestClientUtil$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$a3bdb1f1.isConnectedToSyncServer()
at io.mosip.registration.util.restclient.ServiceDelegateUtil.isNetworkAvailable(ServiceDelegateUtil.java:84)
at io.mosip.registration.util.restclient.ServiceDelegateUtil$$FastClassBySpringCGLIB$$30e4b842.invoke()
at org.springframework.aop.framework.CglibAopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(CglibAopProxy.java:746)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:163)
at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.proceed(MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.java:88)
at io.micrometer.core.aop.TimedAspect.processWithTimer(TimedAspect.java:105)
at io.micrometer.core.aop.TimedAspect.timedMethod(TimedAspect.java:94)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AbstractAspectJAdvice.invokeAdviceMethodWithGivenArgs(AbstractAspectJAdvice.java:644)
at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AbstractAspectJAdvice.invokeAdviceMethod(AbstractAspectJAdvice.java:633)
at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJAroundAdvice.invoke(AspectJAroundAdvice.java:70)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:185)
at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:92)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.CglibAopProxy$DynamicAdvisedInterceptor.intercept(CglibAopProxy.java:688)
at io.mosip.registration.util.restclient.ServiceDelegateUtil$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$d4b62b10.isNetworkAvailable()
at io.mosip.registration.controller.ClientApplication.handleInitialSync(ClientApplication.java:206)
at io.mosip.registration.controller.ClientApplication.init(ClientApplication.java:104)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication$2(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Failed to parse server certificates
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.Alert.createSSLException(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.TransportContext.fatal(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.CertificateMessage$T12CertificateConsumer.onCertificate(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.CertificateMessage$T12CertificateConsumer.consume(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLHandshake.consume(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.HandshakeContext.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.TransportContext.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLTransport.decode(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.decode(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readHandshakeRecord(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.afterConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at org.springframework.http.client.SimpleBufferingClientHttpRequest.executeInternal(SimpleBufferingClientHttpRequest.java:76)
at org.springframework.http.client.AbstractBufferingClientHttpRequest.executeInternal(AbstractBufferingClientHttpRequest.java:48)
at org.springframework.http.client.AbstractClientHttpRequest.execute(AbstractClientHttpRequest.java:53)
at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.doExecute(RestTemplate.java:723)
… 36 common frames omitted
Caused by: java.security.cert.CertificateParsingException: Empty issuer DN not allowed in X509Certificates
at java.base/sun.security.x509.X509CertInfo.parse(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.x509.X509CertInfo.(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.x509.X509CertImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.x509.X509CertImpl.(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.provider.X509Factory.engineGenerateCertificate(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.security.cert.CertificateFactory.generateCertificate(Unknown Source)
… 54 common frames omitted
2023-09-20 16:12:49,709 INFO [JavaFX Application Thread] i.m.r.c.ClientApplication : Login screen Initialization 16:12:49
2023-09-20 16:12:51,076 INFO [JavaFX Application Thread] i.m.r.u.SoftwareUpdateHandler : Checking for current version started…
2023-09-20 16:12:51,076 INFO [JavaFX Application Thread] i.m.r.u.SoftwareUpdateHandler : Checking for current version completed : 1.2.0.1-B1
2023-09-20 16:12:51,084 INFO [Thread-8] i.m.r.u.r.ServiceDelegateUtil : Registration Network Checker had been called → https://api-internal.mosip.maz.net/v1/syncdata/actuator/health
2023-09-20 16:12:51,098 ERROR [Thread-8] i.m.r.u.r.ServiceDelegateUtil : No Internet Access
org.springframework.web.client.ResourceAccessException: I/O error on GET request for “https://api-internal.mosip.maz.net/v1/syncdata/actuator/health”: Failed to parse server certificates; nested exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Failed to parse server certificates
at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.doExecute(RestTemplate.java:732)
at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.execute(RestTemplate.java:698)
at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.getForEntity(RestTemplate.java:375)
at io.mosip.registration.util.restclient.RestClientUtil.isConnectedToSyncServer(RestClientUtil.java:104)
at io.mosip.registration.util.restclient.RestClientUtil$$FastClassBySpringCGLIB$$6aaee7db.invoke()
at io.mosip.registration.util.restclient.RestClientUtil$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$a3bdb1f1.isConnectedToSyncServer()
at io.mosip.registration.util.restclient.ServiceDelegateUtil.isNetworkAvailable(ServiceDelegateUtil.java:84)
at io.mosip.registration.util.restclient.ServiceDelegateUtil$$FastClassBySpringCGLIB$$30e4b842.invoke()
at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.proceed(MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.java:88)
at io.micrometer.core.aop.TimedAspect.processWithTimer(TimedAspect.java:105)
at io.micrometer.core.aop.TimedAspect.timedMethod(TimedAspect.java:94)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AbstractAspectJAdvice.invokeAdviceMethodWithGivenArgs(AbstractAspectJAdvice.java:644)
at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AbstractAspectJAdvice.invokeAdviceMethod(AbstractAspectJAdvice.java:633)
at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJAroundAdvice.invoke(AspectJAroundAdvice.java:70)
at io.mosip.registration.util.restclient.ServiceDelegateUtil$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$d4b62b10.isNetworkAvailable()
at io.mosip.registration.controller.auth.LoginController.lambda$initialize$0(LoginController.java:238)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Failed to parse server certificates
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.Alert.createSSLException(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.CertificateMessage$T12CertificateConsumer.onCertificate(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.CertificateMessage$T12CertificateConsumer.consume(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLHandshake.consume(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.TransportContext.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLTransport.decode(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.decode(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readHandshakeRecord(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.afterConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at org.springframework.http.client.SimpleBufferingClientHttpRequest.executeInternal(SimpleBufferingClientHttpRequest.java:76)
at org.springframework.http.client.AbstractBufferingClientHttpRequest.executeInternal(AbstractBufferingClientHttpRequest.java:48)
at org.springframework.http.client.AbstractClientHttpRequest.execute(AbstractClientHttpRequest.java:53)
at org.springframework.web.client.RestTemplate.doExecute(RestTemplate.java:723)
… 33 common frames omitted
Caused by: java.security.cert.CertificateParsingException: Empty issuer DN not allowed in X509Certificates
at java.base/sun.security.x509.X509CertInfo.parse(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.x509.X509CertInfo.(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.x509.X509CertImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.x509.X509CertImpl.(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.security.provider.X509Factory.engineGenerateCertificate(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.security.cert.CertificateFactory.generateCertificate(Unknown Source)
… 51 common frames omitted

Hi @mazboko,

I could see that the hostname is configured as “https://api-internal.mosip.maz.net”. Is this correct?

Are you running the regclient from IDE or downloaded zip file?

Hi @HimajaDhanyamraju2
Am running regclient from downloaded zip file