Missing dependence in reg-client

Hello Mosip team.
I am interested in learning and developing MOSIP.
I cloned mosip reg-Client from GitHub - mosip/registration-client but when I build it using mvn clean install -Dgpg.skip=true -DskipTests=true cmd as instructed from the mosip reg-client developer guide, I get the following error: [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project registration-services: Could not resolve dependencies for project io.mosip.registration:registration-services:jar:1.2.0.1-B1: The following artifacts could not be resolved: io.mosip.kernel:kernel-keymanager-service:jar:lib:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT (absent): Could not find artifact io.mosip.kernel:kernel-keymanager-service:jar:lib:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT in ossrh (https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots) → [Help 1] .
It seems to me that the SNAPSHOT was removed from the remote repository.

How can I build project without the above artfact" io.mosip.kernel:kernel-keymanager-service:jar:lib:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT"?
Kindly guide me on how I can get out of this error. Thank you in advance.
I am new in MOSIP

Hi @Rukumbyana ,

Can you try with this branch GitHub - mosip/registration-client at release-1.2.0.1

Hello Mosip team, I tried the above mentioned branch but i am still getiing the same error. as indicated inhere. Kindly continue to guide me on how to overcome this error.

Hi @Rukumbyana

Our team member @Anusha_sunkadh will look into the logs and then let you know where you are going wrong in the set-up.

Best Regards,
Team MOSIP.

Hi @Rukumbyana

Please cross-check which branch you have checked out. As per the screenshot attached in your post, version is “1.2.0.1-B1” seems like it’s still pointing to released tag.

Below is the screenshot from my local after building reg-client code from branch “release-1.2.0.1”

1 Like

Hi @Rukumbyana

As @Anusha_sunkadh checked and as per your screenshot the post version is “1.2.0.1-B1” which seems like it’s still pointing to the released tag. Let us know the status of your query so we can help you to solve it.

Best Regards,
Team MOSIP

Thanks for your guidance, I cross checked and found out i was cloning a master branch. I have now worked with release-1.2.01 branch and was successful to build.

May you kindly guide me with the login credentials and how to login and view the reg_client user interface.
Best regards

Thanks for your guidance, I cross checked and found out i was cloning a master branch. I have now worked with release-1.2.01 branch and was successful to build.

May you kindly guide me with the login credentials and how to login and view the reg_client user interface.
Best regards

hello mosip team.

Could anyone guide me of how to get beyond this point here?

Thank you again

Hi @Rukumbyana

Please fill out this form so our team can get the TPM details of your machine - TPM

Once this is registered in our collab our team will provide you with login credentials.

Best Regards,
Team MOSIP

Greetings;
Thank you Sanchi-singh24 for your prompt reply.I have so far partially filed the TPM form because I am unable to locate KeyIndex, and signingKeyIndex.

I request you kindly to guide me on how to generate keyIndex and signkeyindex. I know this is out of Mosip but you would have saved me alot of time to do other Mosip studies.

I thank you alot, and Best Regards

Greetings;
Thank you Sanchi-singh24 for your prompt reply.
I have so far partially filed the TPM form because I am unable to locate KeyIndex, and signingKeyIndex.

I request you kindly to guide me on how to generate keyIndex and signkeyindex. I know this is out of Mosip but you would have saved me alot of time to do other Mosip studies.

I thank you alot, and Best Regards

Hey @Rukumbyana

You need to have the Java 11 version installed in your system, use this TPM utility given here and run this in your system to get the keyIndex and siginingkeyIndex.

Follow the steps below -

Download and extract the TPM utility

1. As explained in README.txt, download and extract the TPM utility (using the command prompt).
  2. Run the following command from the folder where the TPM jar is located.
  3. java -jar tpmutility-0.0.2.jar > tpmdetails.txt
  4. Fill in the “tpmdetails.txt” in the Google form shared by your MOSIP representative.
  5. Your MOSIP representative will assist you in registering your workstation on the designated MOSIP server. Once completed, they will provide you with the necessary credentials to access the registration client.

I hope this will help you get your required details and you will be able to fill the form.

Best Regards,
Team MOSIP

Greetings;
Thanks so much for your guidance, I was able to fill the form and submitted it.I am looking forward to my machine to be registered on mosip server and login to the registration Client.

Best Regards.

Hi @Rukumbyana

Based on the publickey provided by you we have successfully registered your machine in our admin portal and now it is active, so you can registration client and proceed with new registration & UIN generation setup.

Find your login details below:

Username : rukumbyana
Password : mosip123

Let me know if you facing any issues further to run the registration client we will be more than happy to guide you.

Best Regards,
Team MOSIP

Hi @sanchiSingh24,
I unfortunately still can not login in to the registration client. I still receive “No internet connection error” yet I am connected to the internet.

it shows: machine Offline as shown in the screenshot below.

Is there anything i missed.?

Kind regards.

Hi @Rukumbyana

I hope the TPM details provided by you of your machine are right? If any wrong info in the details provided can create this issue as I can see your machine is activated from our end.

If can share the logs here for our team members to look and see where the issue exists.

Best Regards,
Team MOSIP

Hi @Rukumbyana,

You need to update “mosip.hostname” and “mosip.client.upgrade.server.url” properties in mosip-application.properties file

File location: registration-client\registration\registration-services\src\main\resources\props\mosip-application.properties

mosip.hostname =regclient-api.collab.mosip.net
mosip.client.upgrade.server.url=https://regclient.collab.mosip.net

These properties will already be present in the file, just update the values and then launch regclient.

Best Regards,
Himaja Dhanyamraju

1 Like

Hi Mosip Team.

First I did clone the residence service in GitHub(1.2.0.1). After clone tried to build the project in local using intelij idea but i getting below error.

Kindly provide me solution for this issue.

Error message : Could not resolve dependencies for project io.mosip.resident:resident-service:jar:1.2.0.1-B2: io.mosip.kernel:kernel-keymanager-service:jar:lib:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT was not found in https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots during a previous attempt. This failure was cached in the local repository and resolution is not reattempted until the update interval of snapshots-repo has elapsed or updates are forced

Hi @narayana_prakash

Let our team check this error message and get back to you with a solution.

Best Regards,
Team MOSIP