Minimum hardware installation requirements to deploy MOSIP in a sandbox environment

Hello, I am going through the MOSIP documentation and now I plan to deploy it to test it out. My problem is that the minimum hardware requirements specified are way too high for me to be able to deploy it in a sandbox environment. I am looking for some cost effective hardware requirements, it does not matter if it’s not a highly available setup since it is only for testing purposes.
Can you please guide me on this context? Ideally, I want to be able to deploy all the modules, but if that is not possible, at the minimum, the below listed modules:

Pre-registration, Registration and ID authentication.

Hi @Rajat_Sharma

Thanks for reaching out to us , our team will surely look into this and see if we can provide some other solution to your problem which can be cost effective.

We will get back to you on this tomorrow most probably.

Best Regards,
Team MOSIP.

1 Like

As part of MOSIP installation we Create two k8 cluster:

1. observation k8 cluster: For secure access to all the k8 cluster using Rancher dashboard.
  2. MOSIP k8’s cluster: for deploying all the external and MOSIP modules.
    External Modules: https://github.com/mosip/mosip-infra/tree/release-1.2.0.1/deployment/v3/external#readme
    MOSIP modules: https://github.com/mosip/mosip-infra/tree/release-1.2.0.1/deployment/v3/mosip#readme

Even if you install Pre-registration, registration and Id-authentication, you need around same services because it is dependent on rest of the cluster, external and MOSIP components .

Ok thank you for clearing that up. So, as per the min hardware requirements specified for AWS setup, I would need these instances to set it up:

1. For Wireguard Bastion Host: 2 core CPU instance with 4 GB RAM.
  2. For Rancher cluster nodes: 2 core CPU with 8 GB RAM.
  3. For MOSIP cluster nodes: 8 core CPU with 32 GB RAM.

A total of 3 separate instances?

Refer this: On-Prem Installation Guidelines - MOSIP Docs 1.2.0

Wireguard bastion: 2vCPU,4GB RAM, 8GB disk, 1 VM.
Observation cluster: 2vCPU,8GB RAM, 32GB disk, 2VM.
Nginx server: 2vCPU,4GB RAM, 8GB disk, 2VM
MOSIP cluster nodes: 12vCPU,32GB RAM, 128GB disk, 6VM

1 Like

I am trying to deploy on AWS and not On-Prem, but I do get the general idea of what you’re trying to say. I just wanted to clarify a few things:

The number of VMs for each one specified, like 6VMs for MOSIP cluster nodes, does this mean I need to setup 6 different EC2 instances (in the context of AWS) each one with 8 vCPU, 32 GB RAM, 64 GB of storage?

or should I setup one EC2 instance and then the required number of VMs, which is 6, will be created inside this instance via docker?

Please note, that I am referencing AWS installation requirements here:

Its the first one. Have 6 different EC2 instances.

1 Like

Oh wow. That is a highly expensive environment. Makes development and testing quite problematic. Thank you for clearing that up though. :+1:

Hi @Rajat_Sharma

As I can see from your last conversation, you wanted to know the specification of the hardware and my team members have shared the details ,so do let us know if anything else is needed from our end.

Best Regards,
Team MOSIP