Preview step in pre-registration module

I have realized that the preview generated in Pre-Registration Module contains a unique Registration Number . The preview window appears right after a CONTINUE button click from the Demographic Details Step. All this is before a submit button where you would get back a response that would include the PRID . I have studied the pre-Registration release-1.2.0.1 UI Code( mosip/pre-registration-ui at release-1.2.0.1 (github.com)) to find the method that generates the Registration Number and binds it to the preview page but failed to find the function/method. Am I looking in a wrong branch?. Kindly, Can you explicitly show me the method or explain to me how the Registration Number is generated and bonded on to the preview page. Thank you a lot. I patiently waiting for your reply.

Hi @Rukumbyana

Sure our team member @aihamh will guide you to find the method that generates the Registration Number and binds it to the preview page.

Our team will get back to you with a solution to this.

Best Regards,
Team MOSIP

Hi @Rukumbyana

Registration number is not created at PreReg stage. Instead an application id (known as PRID) is generated at PreReg stage.
When user creates a new PreReg application and submits the Demographic Details the PRID is generated.
MOSIP service "pridgenerator" is used for the same.
Code for same is https://github.com/mosip/commons/tree/release-1.2.0/kernel/kernel-pridgenerator-service

Hope this helps!
~ Mayura

1 Like