Errors in Resident CrashLoopBackOff and Resident UI ImagePullBackOff (MOSIP 1.2.0.1-B2)

Having errors in Resident CrashLoopBackOff

Here are the extract of the errors in the log file

16:04:12,934 |-ERROR in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.spi.Interpreter@2:83 - no applicable action for [springProperty], current ElementPath is [[configuration][springProperty]]

{“@timestamp”:“2023-03-12T16:05:11.733Z”,“@version”:“1”,“message”:“Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh attempt: org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name ‘residentServiceImpl’: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through field ‘residentUpdateService’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name ‘residentUpdateService’: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through field ‘packetWriter’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name ‘packetWriter’: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through field ‘packetKeeper’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘packetKeeper’: Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not resolve placeholder ‘s3.pretext.value’ in value "${s3.pretext.value}packet-manager"”,“logger_name”:“org.springframework.boot.web.servlet.context.AnnotationConfigServletWebServerApplicationContext”,“thread_name”:“main”,“level”:“WARN”,“level_value”:30000,“appName”:“resident”}
{“@timestamp”:“2023-03-12T16:05:11.734Z”,“@version”:“1”,“message”:“Closing JPA EntityManagerFactory for persistence unit ‘default’”,“logger_name”:“org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean”,“thread_name”:“main”,“level”:“INFO”,“level_value”:20000,“appName”:“resident”}

Also error in Resident UI - ImagePullBackOff

24s Warning Failed pod/resident-ui-54bd46f5b-l6kdm Failed to pull image “docker.io/mosipid/resident-ui:1.2.0.1-B1”: rpc error: code = Unknown desc = Error response from daemon: pull access denied for mosipid/resident-ui, repository does not exist or may require ‘docker login’: denied: requested access to the resource is denied
24s Warning Failed pod/resident-ui-54bd46f5b-l6kdm Error: ErrImagePull
10s Normal BackOff pod/resident-ui-54bd46f5b-l6kdm Back-off pulling image “docker.io/mosipid/resident-ui:1.2.0.1-B1
10s Warning Failed pod/resident-ui-54bd46f5b-l6kdm Error: ImagePullBackOff

Applying my previous fixes did not work. Any chance that the V1.2.0.1-B2 docker image s3.pretext.value error for resident will be available soon?

Also for docker image resident-ui, it is not accessible publicly. ImagePullBackOff error
Searching at Docker hub did not show any results.

Where can we get the resident-ui docker image, v1.2.0.1-B2 with the fix for s3.pretext.value error?
Will it be available soon?

Thank you!

It should be @LoganathanSekar7627 Can you check this?

Since resident UI is not yet released, that image will not be available under mosipid hub. If required please pull it from mosipqa or mosipdev
https://hub.docker.com/r/mosipqa/resident-ui
https://hub.docker.com/r/mosipdev/resident-ui

Thank you. This very useful.

I am just thinking that perhaps the installation of resident-ui should be separated from resident.

In mosip-infra/install.sh at v1.2.0.1-B2 · mosip/mosip-infra · GitHub

resident-ui is included, thus I assumed that it is a necessary component and I got worried when it can’t be installed.

But it is good to know that I don’t have to worry about resident-ui for now.

Thank you @gsasikumar @LoganathanSekar7627

1 Like

@rcsampang Thank you for responding back.

Regarding your query on s3.pretext.value issue, adding the below post for reference.

1 Like

@vishwa Thank you very much! Thiese updates on mosip-config repo fixed the problem.

I simply restarted config-server and after a few minutes all the errors were gone for packetmanager, idrepo-identity, regproc-group6, prereg-application, and resident.

Thank you so much everyone for your continuous support and understanding.

Please consider this issue closed.

Warm regards,
rcsampang