Incompatibility issues between Kubernetes and Nginx Ingress Controller version

In my current mosip snadbox-v2 kube configuration on CentOS, I am facing incompatibility issues between the Kubernetes version (1.25) and Nginx Ingress Controller version, so I need to modify the configuration of Nginx Ingress Controller scripts. As anyone faced such deployment issues or can help me with these modifications.

Best regards,

In my experience, i had more success in the installation by keeping the Kubernetes version to 1.21.9 in the console and in the cluster by specifying the version during installation. I decided to do this because eventually I had other incompatibility issues aside from Ingress while using latest Kubernetes version.

However, if your goal is to make use of the current apps/software release my humble suggestion is to consider installing MOSIP Version 3 branch 1.2.0.1, specially now (I am assuming) that you are still in the early stage of MOSIP sandbox installation.

I decided to stop my installation of MOSIP sandbox version 2 even though I had some success because I encountered issues in installing it in the production infrastructure, caused by the deprecation of Centos 7.1 and Python 2.7. So now I moved on to Version 3, branch 1.2.0.1, and I am almost there although with some minor issues to address.

Good luck in your installation!

Hello,
How long did it take to get there in version 3 and how much time do you spend while installing V2?

Thank you.

About 6 months working on Version 2. It took me almost 3 months on Version 3, had to study on Rancher first. But my experience in setting up Version 2 helped me a lot in figuring things out in Version 3. For me the key in setting up version 3 is making sure that you are working on the git branch 1.2.0.1.

Thank you very much, I have other questions, is there a relation between V2 and V3.
What is the difference between them in architecture, and is there full documentation for V3, finally, you advise me to work with V2 or V3.

Thanks a lot

As a fellow user, this is my humble opinion. They are almost the same but uses different infrastructure and process workflow. It would be more advantageous to use Version 3, because it is more Kubernetes centric and uses current/latest version of apps and OS. In the long run, this will save you from the trouble of incompatibilities that will eventually come up due to deprecation of CentOS 7 and Php 2.7.
I recommend using Version 3. Follow the instructions on 1.2.0.1 V3: mosip-infra/deployment/v3 at 1.2.0.1 · mosip/mosip-infra · GitHub.
Note that there is a separate github repository for setting up the K8s infrastructure - GitHub - mosip/k8s-infra: Kubernetes infrastructure to deploy MOSIP modules.. A link is provided in the page cited above. When you are done in setting up the infrastructure, go back to the first link to set up MOSIP external and MOSIP services.
Good Luck!

1 Like

In V3 With which OS did you work? And how match VMs did you use ?

We are running MOSIP on prem, and we used Ubuntu 20.04.5 for the VMs.
For the hardware, we followed what was recommended:

Hardware requirements for Rancher cluster

Purpose vCPUs RAM Storage (SSD) N Virtual Machines
Cluster nodes 2 8 GB 32 GB 2
Wireguard bastion host 2 1 GB 8 GB 1
Nginx 2 4GB 16 GB 1

Requirements for On-prem MOSIP Cluster Sandbox

Listed below are hardware, network and certificate requirements to setup a MOSIP sandbox on-prem. Note that requirements for Rancher cluster are not covered here.

Hardware requirements

Purpose vCPUs RAM Storage (SSD) Number of VMs*
Cluster nodes 12 32 GB 128 GB 6
Wireguard bastion host 2 4 GB 8 GB 1
Nginx 2 4GB 16 GB 1
  • Virtual Machines
1 Like

Hello,
we had follow the installation of wg-meshconf, but when testing this command “wg-meshconf showpeers”, we have error: wg-meshconf: command not found

It would be better to make this a new topic so others can help you. Also I did not encounter this so I am of no help on this one.